FES Super Logo
Header Image
Account Type Image

Have you thought about making super contributions on behalf of your spouse? You can make contributions on behalf of your spouse if:

  • they are aged 64 or younger; or
  • they are aged between 65 and 69 and have worked at least 40 hours over 30 consecutive days in the financial year in which the contribution is made.

If your spouse is not earning an income or earning less than $40,000 a year, you may be able to claim a tax offset (rebate) on contributions you make for them but some conditions do apply to your spouse's superannuation circumstances. Before you do this you and your spouse will have to establish a spouse account in FES Super.

You can make after-tax voluntary contributions into your spouse’s account and your spouse can then make personal contributions into their account.

If you wish to contribute superannuation for your spouse, simply complete the spouse application form and the spouse additional voluntary contributions form and send these to us.